We are seeking a Project Structural Engineers in Chicago and St. Louis to join ABNA!
ABNA is a multi-state engineering company with several job openings in our Bridge and Transportation Group. The ideal candidates will have the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment, and that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Perform structural analysis and prepare design calculations.
- Detail checking of design calculations performed by others.
- Develop structural details and construction plans using Microstation, Geopak or AutoCAD.
- Assist with geometric layout, construction specification development, and material quantity calculations.
- Assist in bridge condition inspections and preparation of inspection reports.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement through innovation, creative thinking and improved results.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with all employees, clients and other stakeholders.
- BS in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis required
- MS in Structural Engineering preferred for Structural Project Manager
- Engineer In Training (EIT) preferred for Project Structural Engineers
- Professional Engineer (PE) & Structural Engineer (SE) preferred for Structural Project Manager
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or Microstation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams)
- Strong ability to interface with CAD designers, as well as other engineers and subcontractors and cultivate good working relationships across departments
- Experience with Ajera or other project management enterprise systems (preferred not required)
Job Type: Full-time. Some fieldwork and travel may be required.
Required experience: Bridge design and horizontal structural experience is a plus.
Required education: BS in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis. MS in Structural Engineering required for Structural Project Manager.
Location(s): Chicago and St. Louis
Salary: Competitive & Commensurate with experience
- Interested candidates should forward a resume for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Applicants only. Recruiters – please do not contact this employer.
- Please do not contact employer about other services, products, or commercial interests.
- No phone calls about this job.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Email a resume to email@example.com
Opportunity to participate in 401k, medical, and other benefits after standard eligibility requirements are met.
ABNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pre-Employment Drug Screen required.