We are seeking a highly motivated Land Surveyor with PLS in Chicago, Illinois to join ABNA!
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in Geodesy, topography, and easement and property rights. At ABNA, the licensed Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) will be responsible for compliance with state board rules, regulations, and laws.
Other responsibilities include management of 2 or more Land Survey crews, oversight of multiple projects, scheduling, budgeting, and client relations. Your performance will be measured by your ability to:
- Directly manage complex technical Land Survey projects
- Manage projects to ensure completion within schedule and budget
- Manage personnel of 2 to 6 employees
- Adequately schedule field staff to accomplish project goals
- Direct and prepare field crews for construction staking, topographic mapping, and other related Land survey tasks
- Survey related computations, resolutions, boundary plats, topo base plans and exhibits
- Administrative Tasks: Timesheets, GPS logs, mileage logs, trucks and equipment
- Periodically assess employee performance
- Assist in Bid Solicitations & Proposals
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and customer service
- Must have a minimum 5 years of survey field experience 2 years office management experience
- Preferred: Professional Licensed Surveyor in Missouri and Illinois
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation
- Working Knowledge of GPS and GPS data processing; control networks and adjustments
- Knowledge of Field to Finish Survey Procedures
- Assist the Corporate Survey Manager and other departments managers as required
- prepare project reports
- Assist with bids and proposals
- Review of deliverables and delivery of products.
Salary: Competitive & Commensurate with experience
- Interested candidates should forward a resume for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Applicants only. Recruiters – please do not contact this employer.
- Please do not contact employer about other services, products, or commercial interests.
- No phone calls about this job.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Email a resume to email@example.com
Opportunity to participate in 401k, medical, and other benefits after standard eligibility requirements are met.