We are seeking a highly motivated CADD Designer in Chicago, Illinois to join ABNA!
The ideal candidate will have drafting CADD technology background with related exposure working with civil/highway and Structural/Architectural projects. A degree and/or experience are preferred. This person is a fast learner, well organized and has the ability to meet deadlines, work independently, as well as part of a team. The CADD Designer position will primarily involve development of structural plans for a wide variety of structures with a focus on bridges, and responsibilities include:
- Plan, conduct, and coordinate design work on small and large projects.
- Originate non-standard details.
- Supply CADD drafting support in the preparation of roadway, drainage or structural plans and details.
- Routinely recommend details to reduce design and construction costs.
- Work with professional staff to develop innovative construction details or design practices.
- Revise shop drawings for compliance with engineering drawings.
- Perform QC review and check CADD geometry and complex details.
- Prepare construction drawings.
- May assist professional staff in preparation of; design concepts, computations, cost estimates, or quantity take-offs.
- Perform checklist assignments.
- May perform other related tasks in support of structural project engineer, such as compiling and computing engineering data, estimating, etc.
- Some associated fieldwork may be required.
- Requires Diploma with vocational-technical or post high school training in drafting CADD technology and 4 to 5 years related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience), or a 2-year degree in drafting/design technology plus 2 years related experience.
- Engineers with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in utilizing MicroStation/AutoCAD software required.
- Exposure with civil/highway/Structural/Architectural projects required, with a minimum of 1 year in production of CADD developed plans.
- Familiarity with IDOT, Tollway (ISTHA), Chicago DOT & Water Mgmt., and bridge design, development, and drafting standards desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Access desired.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete tasks in a structured manner
- Strong ability to interface and cultivate good working relationships across departments
Job Type: Full-time. Monday-Friday. Some associated fieldwork may be required.
Required experience: Minimum 4-5 years as Engineering Technician or related CADD technology with a structural emphasis (building and/or bridge) a plus
Required education: Associate's Degree or Technical School equivalent with course work in structural Drafting/Designing and Engineering
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Salary: Competitive & Commensurate with experience
- Interested candidates should forward a resume for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Applicants only. Recruiters – please do not contact this employer.
- Please do not contact employer about other services, products, or commercial interests.
- No phone calls about this job.
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity to participate in 401k, medical, and other benefits after standard eligibility requirements are met.